Friday 8 July 2011

Sugabelly's Language Challenge

Erm so I'm quite embarrassed about this post especially after hearing a couple other people that have done theirs..BUT Anyhoos! I wrote a post a while back about yoruba speaking and when I saw this I really wanted try it so Here goes! (n i keep missing the 12am deadline!) *_*

Language challenge by dammieway

Translation

Goodevening people! Today, I'm taking a break from the 10 day challenge to do another challenge -sugabelly's language challenge- because I think its a really good idea and its something we should all do. Plus I've been finding it really difficult to keep up with this 10 day challenge (even though I cheated) cuz blogging everyday isn't something I'm used to but I shall try to keep up for the next week.

So, you've figured out I'm yoruba but my yoruba is very rusty. I'm going to say I how I started speaking it and all. The thing is I didnt grow up speaking yoruba I always spoke English at home. I always understood yoruba but i just never spoke it. At this stage of my life I really think its about time to start polishing my yoruba. It seems like our culture is getting lost, especially among us abroad and even those at home in Nigeria. A lot of people just don't speak their language but its something I would really like to start speaking. Please dont abuse me too much! Have mercy cuz I know my yoruba isn't great and I keep adding english. I will put a transcript at the end for the benefit of non speakers. I dont want to talk much cuz I don't really have anything important to say. I just wanted you guys to hear my yoruba and encourage other people that hear this to do theirs too whether you speak yoruba, ibo, hausa or even pidgin(or perhaps a non nigerian language)..cuz its kinda cool.

Visit Sugabelly's page to find out more

10 comments:

  1. Oh I really loved yours!! There's something about your voice that just makes the Yoruba sound really nice.

    I've added your entry to the Language Challenge page on my blog and linked to it. Thanks!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to say you did a great job. Much better than some others...*cough cough*

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Yoruba mi rusty gan' - Had to give a shoutout to that. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks guys!

    and @LaReine...LOL at your shout out! *covers face*

    ReplyDelete
  5. your yoruba is really rusty...lol..but you do well sha..keep trying..babe you sure your jaw dint ache when u were done...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ku ise o! Nice try! Like the mix of english and yoruba:) I love the way you use 'mi'. Mi gbo:) what dialect is that? Mi o bu e o!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lool @ Damilola Jewel...It is!! but I've been practicing
    @ Ms Yellow sisi Unspoken...thank youu

    @ Olaoluwatomi...lol thanks! I don't even know to be honest...I just formed my own dialect

    ReplyDelete
  8. The day I am able to do this is the day I know Hogwarts is real loool I am pretty sure by now you are a completely advanced speaker :D This is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...