Thursday 14 July 2011

Day 5- My opinion about my body and how comfortable I am with it

So this challenge comes under a topic I’ve been meaning to talk about. I’m 5 ft 9 and a size 8 (sometimes 6) (almost model stats ;)..lol). I’ve been giving the “oh you should model” talk and “oh I wish my tummy was flat like yours”. I’ve been called skinny, lepa, longy, bony, bongafish...etcetera. I really couldn't care less. Of course what people say sometimes affects me, and I might say “Oh maybe I should eat more so I can grow fatter” or “maybe I would have breast implants later”...(lol.) BUT I’m not really going to cuz I don't want to wake up fatter or skinnier than I already am. God knows I eat enough already, it just is what it is. My only issue is with “fuller figured” girls who carry the big is beautiful mantra too far and try to make slimmer girls look bad. Girl Puhlease! This is especially an african thing and it annoys me. God made you as you are and made me as I am but all of a sudden because you are trying to defend your look you think you are better. Slimmer women are not lesser women.




 Obviously there is a limit and I’m not talking sickly looking. But how does my being beautiful affect you from being beautiful too??


If you’re big and you look like Marilyn Monroe (or close) girl there are no forces holding you from rocking that bod. Obviously don’t be overweight cuz that is never a good look. But at the end of the day, I think you’ve just got to work with what you got, dress and carry yourself accordingly. Kapish

5 comments:

  1. Nice... I like it when people are confident about their body. Its a measure of appreciation to the giver of the body. Good on you :)

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! If only we could all see loving our bods as being appreciative to God..puts things in perspective

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice dammiekyns..u gotta lov d body ur in..n I'm d last2 kno u hav a blog..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...