Sunday 21 August 2011

A poem

This piece was written by Feyi Sodipo (follow her on twitter @feefey). I love it because its written so simply, honestly and beautifully and I can identify with it.
I just had to share this so enjoy!
.......................................................................................................................
They don’t understand, yet I must stand.


I’m all alone but I need space. Is it in my mind or is it my mind?

I must be free but they push and prod. They don’t believe me...how should I believe?

I must retrace the steps and enter into my psyche, then I can help me and He could fix me.

But I being weak think I am strong. The admittance of frailty I mistake for strength, being broken, presuming whole.

I fake it and feign it, I am invincible and tough and smart and I hate it.

I need Him. He loves me but my folly has me in shackles. Beautiful shackles, they adorn me I say.



Now I turn violent, the chains are tightening. I’m on the edge.

I am tall and strong and...Empty.

He stays calling, reaching out. Unconditional love.

He frees me and holds me and loves me. And I hurt Him and push Him

I weaken and fall. Yet He holds on, drawing me close and helping me up.

I feel the love, it heals me. I need no analgesic, His love is my drug.

I am His, He is mine.

My saviour, my lover, my Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...