Thursday 31 March 2011

We know but we don't care!

I’ve been thinking that nowadays we know too much, we see too much, we hear too much. Information overload! In school, on the news, in church, on the tube, bill boards and magazines ...like everywhere you look but the thing is the more we know the less we do. We’re so used to news of disasters around the world that we are barely moved by the latest ads pleading with us to donate. It’s really sad and I hope that even if I can’t change the world, I can somehow start to contribute more to its development.

Sometimes I wish I was born in idyllic simple village times. People were much more content with what they had and way more involved in their community. I mean I’m grateful for technology and modernisation but it still has its down sides.

Enough moaning. I thought it would be a good idea to introduce a “Thankful Thursday” :). It’s so easy to focus on all the things that are not going right. So today I’m grateful to God for good food! Lol. Yes, I love my food. But lately, I have been eating well, you know veggies and fruits and my wonderful oat clusters. And the other day I made an apple pie. I never ever thought I would enjoy making food but now I do and I just have a greater appreciation for food. So ,yay, Thank God.

And here are two super cool food blogs that have been feeding my food love:

Fit foodie finds : She’s a healthy college kid that makes the yummiest assortment of breakfast oats. Lots of experimental ideas for healthy eating...Note: not for the faint hearted.

Modern African Cuisine From efo riro to chin-chin to rice and Plantain...this blog leaves me salivating with all the pictures!! Almost any type of Nigerian food you can think of is on here, I can’t wait to start trying my hands on some of those dishes. ( Future husband be thankful!)

Lastly, I came across This version of Wheatus's Teenage Dirtbag and I love it! Can't stop singing it. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...