Friday 30 July 2010

Pray for your enemies...:s

The bible says pray for your enemies. Deep. It’s bad enough getting people to pray for their friends everyone is focused on the almighty ME. So when you eventually do, you feel “Right I’ve done a good thing” So, how much of a saint do you have to be to pray for our enemies.
A lot of churches have made a business out of praying against their enemies. Most of those prayers are like throwing grenade bombs at your enemies. I’ve participated in some of these church prayers thanks to mother and have always felt a tad bit uncomfortable chanting ‘die’ at the so-called witches, wizards and even cats :o

Some say in Africa it is very needed because of our background and how supposedly evil we are with all the bad beleh people wishing you evil. But a friend of mine from Kenya claims they have no such thing as witches in her country?? So maybe it’s not an African thing just a Nigerian thing....?

I know they say, the prayers are not targeted at actual people and they quote that “we do not wrestle against flesh and blood” but after praying these prayers, most are expecting to hear news of the death of one old aunty in the village or something.

I don’t have any strong views except that I feel uncomfortable praying for my enemies to die and would try to lean towards the praying for them ideal...even though it sounds absurd..
But as a Nigerian am I being stupidly naive? Is praying for your enemies reserved for the hillsong type western Christian who probably don’t even have enemies??

3 comments:

  1. I don't pray for people to die because they are witches, I don't know of any supporting scriptures for this. I pray though, against principalities and powers. In Nigeria, people walk with their eyes open because they've seen witchcraft with their two eyes. The bible says we should watch and pray, but not pray for these people to die...but that their weapons fashioned against us shall NOT prosper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if I check properly, I'd be guilty of praying for a witch enemy to die but I think it's been a long time I prayed such prayer. If God truly saturates us with His love, perhaps we wouldn't pray such prayers.

    However, its the same bible that says, "suffer no witch to live"... There are some tht have vowed to go after one with their life... I wonder how one should pray about those people o. May God help us.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  3. exactly, God help us. I guess it is neccesary to pray for protection against any evil weapons..but yeah, I think the focus should be less on the people or whatever behind the attacks and more about asking God to interfere

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...