Friday 16 July 2010

Lets get uncomfortable..!

I spend a lot of my time reading people's blogs. Some fall under the bleh category but most are attention grabbing, either because of their inspiring/funny content, the beautifully and articulately written pieces, or just the obvious sheer fabulousity of their life. While this is a good way of passing time, it does a number of things to me

1. When you reading an inspiring blog of young, as in like my age mate kinda people, doing fantastic things like running a clothes line, or writing books..I just think "What the hell am I doing with my life?"

2. Reading stupidly articulate and well written blogs leaves numb...Like some of them are even too intelligent for my feeble mind(ok, not feeble but..) and I just wonder about my so called level of intelligence and writing ability.

3. The one who gladly document their fabulous lives, globe-trotting, have the coolest friends, job titles like 'Personal shopper' or 'Fashion designer living in Lagos'...You can understand why the green-eyed monster starts to rear it's head

So all in all, in a weird way reading blogs has a rather demoralizing effect on me. But dare I say its still in a positive way. If you never become aware of how much more you could be or be doing you just remain content in your small little box. However comfortable it is, that small box is dangerous. Knowing about these alternative lives just makes me very uncomfortable with where I am because I could be doing SO much more. I'm a strong believer in the fact that we create our own destinies. Yes God allows it and creates the opportunities but it is down to us, to take advantage of the opportunities when they come.

Some could argue that we ought to be content with whatever we have but I stubbornly disagree. Life is not offered to us on a platter of gold, we have to take what we want from it(see parable of talents in the Bible). So, if we were given, then sure we should be content and just be grateful but since its the other way (that's not to say that some things aren't given)...its up to us to choose how much we want.

East enders just came on and I'm losing the plot but I shall proceed. Lol. It's safe to assume that there are other people who have boring lives like me, who always seem to need encouragement and doubt their abilities...For life the life you've lived and whatever abilities you have, the people around you...Be grateful. But if you can see how far into the horizons, you'll know that there's more and you can't help but to want to cover the remaining distance. So, here's to uncontentment!!!(Is that a word?:s)

5 comments:

  1. I concur. We really have to be contented with what we have and the key to that, as you have mentioned is to be grateful and I reckon, ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx for the comment LDP! :)
    i do agree that we should be content but what I was also trying to say is that seeing potentially how far we could go should make us not-content with where we are now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you completely, right down to the green eyed monster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I was reading this, I kept nodding my head. Yet, reading inspires me more than any other thing I know. It only provides bigger challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ TayneMent:lol *highfive*
    @Jaycee:Exactly!n i dnt plan to stop soon cuz i def need to b constantly challenged

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...