Monday 9 August 2010

Freedom

I wrote this a while ago, and even the events that have occured in the time between then and now has just proven how true this is.

So I just realised how fickle relationships are, how temporary the modern definition of love is. This comes after hearing about the one million and one-th break-up. Marriage, relationships and friendships...none escape d wrath of fickle love. Has love always been this way or is it the evolution of our minds and our never ending search for freedom? To be free from love? Rules? God? Normalcy?

Such freedom has slowly given rise to anarchy. Where one man's I do really means 'I do-as far as I still have my freedom'. I am somehow also connected to this search for freedom, not to be bound by any restricting rules but at the same time I crave the stabilty and order?

In all of this, I am sure of only one thing....God's love is the only constant thing. Yet some still run from it. For me it is the one thing I can hold on to for stability in this ever-changing temporary world. The Bible says heaven and earth will pass away but His words will remain and He has said that he loves me....what more stability can a girl ask for while being given permission to be unabashedly me? :)

2 comments:

  1. "Such freedom has slowly given rise to anarchy. Where one man's I do really means 'I do-as far as I still have my freedom'." Oh yeah, this is how many folks get married these days.

    It is a joy & privilege to get married to a Christian man who understands that the only constant in love is God's love, and that if God is the foundation of the relationship, it can last for a lifetime. And these men (and their women) still exist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they do oh! its my dream to get me one of those men.lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...